kimchi, pumpkin and pork ramen
- 400g Japanese pumpkin (squash), peeled, deseeded and
- thinly sliced into wedges
- 450g pork fillet (tenderloin), trimmed
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 270g dried ramen noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 200g bunch English spinach, trimmed and blanched
- shichimi togarashi, to serve
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (400g) kimchi, chopped
- ⅓ cup (110g) white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 litres water
- To make the kimchi stock, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the kimchi, miso, soy sauce and water, and mix to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin to the kimchi stock and cook for 8–10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, brush the pork with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until well browned. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and water. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook, turning the pork halfway, for 15 minutes or until the pork is cooked and sauce reduced.
- Thinly slice the pork. Divide the noodles and pork between bowls. Top with the kimchi stock and serve with spinach and togarashi. Serves 6
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.