pork sausage rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 450g Italian pork sausages, cases removed and rolled into balls
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vincotto
- 400g dried rigatoni
- ⅓ cup (85g) mascarpone
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the sausage and cook for 4–5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the garlic, chilli, salt and pepper, and cook for 1–2 minutes or until golden. Add the tomato and vincotto, reduce heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- While the tomato mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the saucepan, add the tomato mixture and reserved pasta water, and stir to combine. Divide between bowls and top with cheese, basil and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.