cabbage, celery and cucumber slaw
with tahini dressing
- 500g white cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 apple (white) cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- sumac+, for sprinkling
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini paste++
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the tahini dressing, place the tahini, lemonjuice, water, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the cabbage, celery, cucumber, parsley and dressing in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the slaw to a serving dish and sprinkle with the sumac to serve. Serves 4
+ Sumac is a spice ground from a berry with a tangy lemon flavour. It’s available from supermarkets and spice stores.
++ Tahini is a creamy paste made from ground sesame seeds. It’s available in supermarkets and health food stores.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.