salmon, wasabi and matcha
- 1½ cups (300g) sushi rice
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- ¼ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger liquid
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 500g sashimi-grade salmon, thinly sliced
- pickled ginger, coriander (cilantro) leaves, thinly sliced
- green chilli and kale sprouts+, to serve
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Place the rice and water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 12 minutes or until tender and most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Place the matcha, vinegar and mirin in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add to the rice and mix to combine. Set aside to cool.
- Place the pickled ginger liquid and wasabi in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cucumber and gently toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes. Divide the rice mixture between bowls. Top with the salmon, cucumber, pickled ginger, coriander, chilli, sprouts and sesame seeds to serve. Serves 4
+ Kale sprouts are available from selected greengrocers. You can also use alfalfa or snow pea sprouts.
Photography: Anson Smart
There are no comments for this entry yet.