chickpea and chorizo pot pies
- 200g dried chorizo, cases removed, chopped
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the chorizo in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl with the tomato, chickpeas, paprika, chilli, sugar, vinegar, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 4 x 1¼-cup-capacity (310ml) ramekins and brush the edges with egg. Cut 4 rounds of pastry using the ramekin as a guide. Top the ramekins with the pastry and press to seal.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.