apple granola muffins
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh dates (about 12), pitted and chopped
- ½ cup (80g) sultanas
- 1½ cups (185g) granola
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 small Granny Smith (green) apples, peeled and grated
- maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, date, sultanas and 1 cup (125g) of the granola in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla and apple and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with paper cases and top with the remaining granola. Cook for 28–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from the tins and set aside to cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with the maple syrup to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.