cauliflower and kimchi falafels
- 600g cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup (120g) kimchi
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- thinly sliced carrot, rocket, hummus, sumac and Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced).
- Place cauliflower into a food processor and blend to form a fine crumb.
- Add kimchi, chia seeds, egg, almond meal and salt and process to a smooth paste.
- Add spring onion to food processor and process just to mix through. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Shape 2-tablespoonfuls of mixture into small patties and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush patties well with oil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Divide falafels, carrot and rocket between plates, and serve with hummus sprinkled with sumac, and yoghurt. Serves 4
+ I’ve kept these naked, but you could also use flatbread to wrap up the falafels.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.