peanut butter and chocolate fondants
- ½ cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 8 squares dark chocolate
- double (thick) cream or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the peanut butter, butter, both the sugars and egg in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Stir though the flour and baking powder.
- Divide half the mixture between 4 x ¾-cup-capacity (180ml) greased dariole moulds. Place 2 squares of chocolate, upright and back-to-back, into each fondant and spoon over the remaining mixture so it comes three-quarters up the sides of the moulds.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until just firm. Stand for 5 minutes before inverting onto plates.
- Serve warm with double cream or vanilla ice-cream. Serves 4.
So easy to make. It’s just perfect.