roasted sweet potato curry
- ¼ cup (75g) store-bought red curry paste
- 1½ cups (375ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated dark palm sugar
- 4 small sweet potatoes (kumara), halved
- 8 thai lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ cup (75g) cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the curry paste, coconut milk, stock, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the sweet potato, lime leaves and lemongrass in a large roasting dish and pour over the curry mixture. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 40–45 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Remove the foil and cook for a further 15–20 minutes or until the curry sauce has reduced slightly.
- Top the curry with the mint, coriander, cashews and lime wedges to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.