goji coconut bliss balls
- ½ cup (70g) dried goji berries+
- 1 cup (160g) almonds
- 2 cups (150g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 10 soft fresh dates (200g), pitted
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 150g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup (35g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Place the goji berries in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to soak for 20 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Place the goji berries, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, dates, cacao and maple syrup in a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl, for 4 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Line a large tray with non-stick baking paper. Roll 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls. Dip 1 bliss ball into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on the tray and sprinkle with the pistachios. Repeat with the remaining bliss balls, chocolate and pistachios. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Makes 28
+ Goji berries, with origins in Chinese medicine, are still thought of by many today as a superfood. Sweet-yet-tart in flavour and pink in colour, they’re available dried from the health food aisle of supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.