white bean skordalia
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 strips lemon peel
- 400g can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Australian Ultra Premium Picual extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- crackers, to serve
- Place the milk, garlic, bay leaf and lemon peel in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Place the beans and 2 tablespoons of the milk mixture (including the lemon rind) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and process to combine.
- Drizzle the skordalia with extra oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with crackers. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.