white bean skordalia
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 strips lemon peel
- 400g can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Flavoured extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- crackers, to serve
- Place the milk, garlic, bay leaf and lemon peel in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Place the beans and 2 tablespoons of the milk mixture (including the lemon rind) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and process to combine.
- Drizzle the skordalia with extra oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with crackers. Serves 4
I was going to make hummus but accidentally opened. Can of cannelini beans. Found this recipe and it sure did the job. Was disappointed after tasting from the processor but salt and pepper and oil, oh my! Transformed it into yumminess.