indian-spiced beef skewers
with celery slaw
- 800g beef eye fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 flatbreads
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 tablespoon linseeds (flaxseeds)
- Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Place the beef, garlic, ginger, garam masala and salt in a bowl and mix to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make the celery slaw, place the lemon juice, oil and honey in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the celery, cucumber, coriander, linseeds and salt, and toss to combine.
- Thread the beef onto 8 metal skewers. Brush the char-grill pan with oil and cook the skewers, turning, for 6 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside and keep warm. Cook the lemon, cut-side down, for 2 minutes or until charred. Place the flatbreads on the grill to warm through slightly. Serve the skewers with the flatbreads, yoghurt, slaw and grilled lemon. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.