miso togarashi chicken skewers
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 6 x chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and sliced
- shichimi togarashi or chilli flakes
- 1½ cups (210g) edamame in the shells, blanched
- sea salt flakes
- Place the miso, maple syrup, oils and ginger in a bowl and stir to combine. Remove ¼ of the mixture and set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining marinade and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water.
- When the chicken has marinated, drain the bamboo skewers and thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Place the chicken on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Grill the chicken for 6 minutes, brush with the reserved marinade and cook for a further 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To assemble, place the edamame in a bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and top with chicken skewers. Sprinkle the chicken and edamame with togarashi to serve. Serves 4
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2019 which has subtle tropical notes, with hints of passionfruit backed by zesty citrus, orchard blossom and lime.
Photography: Con Poulos
Click the links below for the recipes featured:
There are no comments for this entry yet.