pina colada popsicles
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) pineapple juice
- Place the coconut milk and 1½ tablespoons of the sugar in a medium jug and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Divide between 8 x ⅓-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds and freeze for 30–40 minutes or until just set.
- Place the remaining 1½ tablespoons of sugar and the pineapple juice in a medium jug and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Divide between the moulds, cover with aluminium foil and insert the popsicle sticks. Freeze for a further 3–4 hours or until frozen. Makes 8
For grown-up pina colada popsicles, replace ¼ cup (60ml) of the coconut milk with Malibu or coconut-flavoured rum.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.