chewy coconut choc-caramel tart
- 1½ cups (120g) desiccated coconut
- 2 eggwhites
- ⅓ cup (75g) CSR Sugar Raw Caster Sugar
- 100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, melted
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut cream
- 1½ cups (225g) CSR Sugar Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (90g) hulled tahini
- Preheat oven to 140°C (275°F). Grease an 18cm x 3.5cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin and set aside.
- Place the coconut, eggwhites and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Press mixture firmly into the base of the prepared tin. Bake for 35 minutes or until just golden. Allow to cool in tin.
- Place the melted chocolate in the cooled tart base and swirl to coat the inside of the tart base. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- To make the coconut caramel, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the coconut cream, coconut sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Cook for 10–12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and add the tahini. Stir until combined and thickened. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Pour the coconut caramel into the chilled tart base and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. To serve, slice into wedges and serve. Serves 8
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.