barbecued broccoli salad
with almond salsa verde
- 4 heads broccoli, trimmed and thickly sliced+
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 6 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 small fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 200g marinated feta
Almond salsa verde
- ½ cup (120g) natural almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- To make the almond salsa verde, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the broccoli slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the broccoli slices on the grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until charred.
- To serve, place broccoli onto serving plates with sliced radish and fennel, almond salsa verde and feta. Serves 4
+ With the broccoli stem facing upwards, cut through the stem into 2cm slices.
+ Grill extra broccoli slices to chop up and toss through pasta for easy leftovers the next day.
+ Swap the broccoli for cauliflower, field mushrooms or zucchini.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.