thai coconut soup
with salmon and en choy
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2½ cups (625ml) coconut water
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only, halved and bruised
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 coriander (cilantro) roots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 long green chillies, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets
- 200g cooked brown vermicelli noodles
- 3 cups en choy (amaranth) leaves+
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- Place the coconut milk, coconut water, water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, coriander, fish sauce, chilli and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover with a lid and cook for 10–12 minutes. Add the salmon and cook for 8 minutes or until just cooked through. Flake into pieces and set aside.
- Divide the noodles, soup, salmon and en choy between bowls. Top with the onion to serve. Serves 4.
+ En choy is an Asian green with a taste similar to spinach. Find the leaves in Asian grocers and greengrocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.