turkey satay jacket sweet potatoes
- 4 x 350g sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g turkey mince
- ⅓ cup (45g) salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), shredded
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro), to serve
- ⅓ cup (95g) natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Wrap each sweet potato in aluminium foil and place on a large oven tray. Cook, turning halfway, for 1 hour or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the satay sauce. Place the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, water and honey in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add half the satay sauce and half the peanut and stir to combine.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways and divide between 4 plates. Divide the turkey mixture between the potatoes. Top with the remaining satay sauce, remaining peanut and the onion and coriander to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.