baked chilli tofu and kale noodles
with black sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons chilli jam
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1kg firm tofu, drained and sliced
- 200g green tea noodles+ or spinach noodles
- 300g baby kale leaves (or regular kale leaves, trimmed), blanched
- 8 brussels sprouts, shaved and blanched
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ½ cup (70g) salted roasted peanuts, chopped
black sesame dressing
- ⅓ cup (80ml) brown rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- To make the sesame dressing, place the vinegar, soy, maple syrup, chilli and sesame seeds in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the chilli jam, oil and orange juice in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tofu on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper, spoon over the chilli mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3–4 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Place the noodles, kale, brussels sprouts and green onion in a large bowl, pour over a little of the black sesame dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide between small serving bowls and top with the chilli tofu, the remaining dressing and peanuts to serve. Serves 4
+ Green tea noodles are available from some large supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.