blueberry and raspberry
bread and butter pudding
- 1¾ cups (430ml) single cream
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (140g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 400g brioche loaf, sliced
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 125g raspberries
- 125g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to just below the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, caster sugar, vanilla, yoghurt and lemon rind in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add the cream, whisking until well combined.
- Spread each side of the bread with the butter and place in a lightly greased 11cm x 21cm 5-cup-capacity (1.25-litre) loaf tin.
- Scatter the raspberries and blueberries over and between the brioche. Pour over the custard mixture and set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar and cook for 35 minutes or until golden and just set. Set aside to cool slightly before serving with the yoghurt. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.