how to: coconut raspberry slice
A winning combination of nostalgic flavours, this classic homemade dessert is an instant crowd-pleaser!
YOU WILL NEED:
• 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
• ½ cup (40g) desiccated coconut
• ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
• 125g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
• 1 egg
• 1 cup (320g) raspberry jam
• 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
• 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
• 2 eggwhites
• 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
TIPS + TRICKS
+ The slice will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to four days.
+ Feel free to use your favourite jam instead!.