chewy chocolate chip cookie
- 200g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown (light brown) sugar
- ¾ cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, brown sugar and white sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on low speed until just combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 8 minutes or until pale and creamy, scraping done the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla, milk and egg and beat for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and beat until combined. Add the chocolate and stir to combine. Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving enough room for the mixture to spread. Cook for 12–14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve. Makes 22
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.