candy cane and brownie ice-cream
- 2 litres store-bought vanilla ice-cream
- 100g store-bought chocolate brownie (about 1 brownie), roughly chopped
- 8 candy canes, coarsely crushed+
- Place a 2-litre-capacity metal container in the freezer until ready to use.
- Scoop the ice-cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 1–2 minutes or until softened. Add the brownie and three-quarters of the crushed candy cane and fold to combine. Spoon into the chilled tin. Sprinkle the ice-cream with the remaining crushed candy cane and freeze for 3–4 hours or until set. Makes 2 litres
+ The best way to crush the candy canes is to place them in a plastic sandwich bag and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to the desired size. Humidity can affect the candy canes, making them quite sticky once crushed. It helps to crush them just before use.
There are no comments for this entry yet.