apple and custard tarts
- 4 sheets store-bought frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons store-bought thick vanilla custard
- 150g (1 medium) Granny Smith apple thinly sliced
- 50g unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- maple syrup and double (thick) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lay 2 pastry sheets on top of each other and press to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets. Using a 10cm round cutter, cut out 8 pastry rounds and place on a lightly greased large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Using a 6½cm round cutter, gently score the centre of each pastry round.
- Sprinkle the almond meal into the centre circle and top with the custard. Place the apple, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Top each pastry with apple slices and cook for 12–15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving with maple syrup and double cream. Makes 8
So happy to have found this recipe…I made it ages ago when it appeared in the Style magazine but lost it along the way. Love this, as with any DH recipe it looks as good as it tastes.