- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1½ teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (10g) finely chopped basil leaves
- ¾ cup (60g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅔ cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups (720g) firm fresh ricotta+
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- lemon wedges and extra basil leaves, to serve
- Place the eggs, lemon rind, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Sift over the flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Add the ricotta and stir to combine.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat++. Cook ¼-cupfuls of the mixture in batches, flattening slightly, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges, extra basil and parmesan. Serves 4
+ For the fluffiest fritters, choose fresh ricotta from your delicatessen or supermarket deli rather than the pre-packaged tubs.
++ This recipe is sponsored by Miele.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.