raspberry, almond and pear muffins
- 2 cups (320g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ½ cup (90g) rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ¼ cup (25g) LSA+
- 1 small William pear (about 125g), grated
- 250g raspberries
- ½ cup (40g) natural flaked almonds
- honey, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, oil, yoghurt, LSA, pear and raspberries in a large bowl and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) lightly greased muffin tins. Sprinkle with the almond.
- Cook for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with honey to serve. Makes 12
+ LSA is a mix of ground linseeds (flaxseeds), sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
There are no comments for this entry yet.