cinnamon and chocolate caramel apples
- 10 wooden sticks
- 10 small red apples, washed and dried
- 1 cup (120g) chopped pecans, roasted
- 1½ cups (375ml) light corn syrup+
- 300g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 cups (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Push a stick into the centre of each apple and set aside. Place the pecans in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 cup (250ml) of the light corn syrup, the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until combined. Bring to the boil and cook, without stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until the temperature reaches 140°C (284°F) on a sugar (candy) thermometer.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and the remaining 1⁄2 cup (125ml) of light corn syrup and stir until smooth.
- Working quickly, dip the apples into the caramel to coat and press the bases into the pecans. Place on the tray and allow to stand for 30 minutes or until set, before serving. Makes 10
+ Find light corn syrup in specialty food stores and delicatessens.
There are no comments for this entry yet.