mango and ginger granita
with creamy coconut granita
- 4 ginger tea bags
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 750g chopepd mango flesh (from about 3 mangoes), plus extra mango slices to serve
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place the tea bags and boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Place the tea in a blender. Add the mango and ginger, and blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a 20cm x 30cm shallow metal tin and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight until frozen.
- Place the coconut milk, coconut water, honey and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into a separate 20cm x 30cm shallow metal tin and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight until frozen.
- Using a fork, rake the granitas and return to the freezer until ready to use. Divide the mango and coconut granitas between glasses and top with the extra mango to serve. Serves 6–8
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.