honey fennel carrots
with crispy chickpeas
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots (750g), scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons sumac, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, halved crossways
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (140g) labne (yoghurt cheese)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- red vein sorrel, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the carrots, fennel, sumac, salt, pepper and half the oil on a large oven tray and toss to coat. Add the garlic, cut-side down, to the tray and cook for 30–35 minutes or until the carrots and garlic are tender.
- Place the chickpeas, remaining oil, salt and pepper on a separate oven tray and toss to combine. Place in the oven and cook, stirring halfway for 25–30 minutes, or until crisp.
- Top the carrots with the crispy chickpeas, labne, pomegranate seeds, honey and red vein sorrel. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.