choc-cherry truffles with salted coconut
- 2 cups (160g) desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups (300g) glacé cherries
- ¼ cup (60ml) single (pouring) cream
- 360g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups (160g) desiccated coconut, extra
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 400g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the coconut, cherries and cream in a food processor and
pulse until finely chopped. Place the white chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Add the cherry mixture and mix until just combined. Refrigerate for
2–3 hours or until just set.
- Place the extra coconut on a large tray, sprinkle with the salt and set aside. Place the dark chocolate and oil in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Roll teaspoonfuls of the cherry mixture into balls and insert a toothpick into each truffle.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off. Roll the truffles in the salted coconut to coat, remove the toothpicks and place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Serve. Makes 50.
donna hay team
Hi Zoe, in the refrigerator, they will last for up to a month. Happy cooking! The DH team x
Hello, How long will these last please?