cauliflower, caramelised onion and goat’s cheese pizza
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 60g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- 600g cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the onion, balsamic vinegar, sugar, oil and salt on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss to combine and cook for 20 minutes, stirring halfway, or until golden. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower base, place the cauliflower in a food processor, in batches, and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the almond meal, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper, spread out each to form a 30cm circle and cook for 15 minutes.
- Divide the onion mixture between the pizza bases, top each with a little of the goat’s cheese and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until the base is golden and cooked through. Top with the rocket and remaining goat’s cheese to serve. Makes 2.
Photography: Anson Smart
There are no comments for this entry yet.