tuna and broccoli zoodle bake
- 280g broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (240g) low-fat ricotta
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 zucchini (courgette), spiralised or thinly sliced using a mandoline or julienne peeler
- 425g can chilli tuna in oil, drained
- Greek-style basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the broccoli in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place in a large bowl. Add the parsley, chives, lemon rind, ricotta, parmesan, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Place half the zucchini, half the tuna and half the broccoli mixture in a 23cm heavy-based ovenproof frying pan. Top with the remaining zucchini, tuna and broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes and top with the basil to serve. Serves 4.
Really great update to the tuna casserole we all love. The second time I made this, I sautéed the zucchini noodles with some onions first before adding the other layers and baking. This made a huge difference than just baking them raw.