pineapple, honey and green tea granita
- 4 green tea bags
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey
- 500g chopped pineapple
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the tea bags, boiling water and honey in a medium heatproof bowl and stir to dissolve the honey. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled. Remove and discard the tea bags.
- Pour the tea mixture into a blender. Add the pineapple and lime rind and blend until smooth. Pour into a 20cm x 30cm shallow metal tin and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight until frozen.
- Using a fork, rake the granita and return to the freezer until ready to serve. Serve the granita with lime wedges. Serves 6–8.
+ We served our granita in a pineapple half. To do this, remove the pineapple flesh from the centre and use in the granita.
There are no comments for this entry yet.