zucchini and kimchi fritters
with cured ocean trout
- ¼ cup (75g) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 cups (740g) grated zucchini
- ¾ cup (210g) finely shredded kimchi
- ¾ cup (120g) brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- extra kimchi, shredded cucumber, rocket leaves and sliced cured ocean trout or salmon, to serve
- To make the lemon mayonnaise place the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To make the fritters place the eggs, zucchini, kimchi, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over
medium heat. Add a little oil and in batches, spoon ¼ cup-fuls of the mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Cook fritters for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the fritters with lemon mayonnaise, extra kimchi, cucumber, rocket and cured ocean trout. Serves 4
Wine note: We have paired this recipe with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2019 which has subtle tropical notes, with hints of passionfruit backed by zesty citrus, orchard blossom and kaffir lime.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.