caramelised lemongrass salmon
with coconut rice
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup (60g) grated palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets, pin boned
- coriander, mint and Thai basil leaves, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Place the lemongrass, lime leaves and chilli in a small food processor and process into a fine paste. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- To make the coconut rice, place the rice, coconut milk, water and lime leaves in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high. Place the salmon on an oven tray and spread with the lemongrass paste. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the coconut rice into serving bowls and top with the salmon. Sprinkle with the coriander, mint and basil and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
Wine note: a trio of zesty citrus, juicy stone fruit and lemongrass informs the Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc – it’s a stunning choice for this Thai-style caramelised salmon.
So easy and delicious. My guests asked for the recipe.
Yum! I entertained dinner guests this evening and this recipe was 5 ⭐️ plus quality. We couldn’t have found better dining out at any local restaurant. Thanks for sharing
Just love this recipe - so easy and totally delicious !