puffed quinoa blueberry bars
with yoghurt drizzle
- 250g blueberries
- 1 cup (30g) puffed quinoa
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ½ cup (140g) natural cashew butter
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (140g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the blueberries on the tray and bake for 35–40 minutes or until softened and dried.
- Line a 20cm square slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the puffed quinoa, oats, coconut and chia seeds in a medium bowl. Place the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cook, whisking, for 5–6 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add the quinoa mixture and mix well to combine. Add the blueberries and gently stir to combine. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of the tin. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To make the yoghurt drizzle, place the yoghurt and sugar in a medium jug and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend until smooth. Add the coconut oil and blend to combine.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Remove the slice from the tin and cut into bars. Place on the tray, top with the yoghurt drizzle and freeze for 30 minutes or until set, before serving. Makes 10–12
Tip: Keep these bars in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.