chocolate banana french toast
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices store-bought brioche
- 50g dark chocolate, grated
- 2 medium (400g) bananas, peeled and sliced
- maple syrup, to serve
- Place the egg, cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a shallow tray and set aside.
- Sprinkle half the brioche slices with the dark chocolate, top with the banana, sprinkle with the remaining dark chocolate and sandwich with the remaining brioche.
- Carefully dip both sides of the brioche sandwich in the egg mixture. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the brioche, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with maple syrup. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ You can assemble the French toast the night before, just store in the refrigerator tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and dip in the egg mixture just before frying.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.