- ¼ cup dill sprigs, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 6 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith (green) apples, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (45g) watercress sprigs
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) currants
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Place the dill, garlic, salt, pepper, oil and chicken in a bowl and toss to coat. Cook the chicken for 6–8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- To make the chive dressing, place the chives, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the celery, apple, watercress, walnut, pepita, currants and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad between plates and top with the chicken, extra dill and remaining dressing to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.