crispy chilli chicken burger
- ½ cup (125ml) Shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine)
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (130g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 burger buns, halved
- mayonnaise, finely shredded cabbage, coriander (cilantro) and crispy chilli oil (see recipe link under method), to serve
- Combine the Shaoxing, soy sauce and ginger. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Combine the flour, cornflour and salt in a bowl. Add the chicken and press to coat. Heat 6cm (2½ inches) of oil in a saucepan over medium–high heat. In batches, cook chicken for 6–7 minutes, turning throughout, until golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To assemble, spread the burger buns with mayonnaise. Top with cabbage, coriander, chicken and crispy chilli oil. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.