puffed brown rice and sunflower seed bars
with cashew butter
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (140g) cashew spread
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 1¼ cups (20g) puffed brown rice
- ½ cup (70g) hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- ½ cup (80g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- Place the honey, vanilla, half the cashew spread and 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cook, whisking, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and, working quickly, add the puffed brown rice, hazelnuts, orange rind, sunflower seeds and chia and stir well to combine.
- Firmly press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin, lined with non-stick baking paper. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm. Slice into bars.
- Place the remaining cashew spread and remaining coconut oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip one end of 1 of the bars into the mixture, allowing the excess to drip off, then place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Repeat with the remaining bars. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until set. Serve. Makes 16.
Tip: You can store these bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.