mint pesto broccoli bowl
with blistered tomatoes
- 250g (9 oz) vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 100g (3½ oz) dried wholemeal (whole-wheat) spaghetti
- 500g (1 lb 1 oz) broccoli, about 1 large head
- ¼ cup (40g/1½ oz) roughly chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ cup (8g/¼ oz) shredded mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup (20g/¾ oz) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 125g (4½ oz) labne, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray and drizzle with ½ the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until slightly blistered.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the tomatoes and pasta are cooking, grate the broccoli on a box grater and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the remaining oil, and the almonds, lemon rind and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted. Increase heat to high, add the broccoli in 2 batches and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just soft. Stir through the mint, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the pasta between bowls and top with the mint pesto broccoli, tomatoes, labne and extra grated parmesan. Serves 2
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.