quinoa, roasted fennel and pomegranate tabouli
- 3 bulbs baby fennel, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (190g) white quinoa
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 150g purple kale, trimmed and leaves shredded
- 2 cups basil leaves, shredded, plus extra to serve
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses+
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the fennel on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the maple syrup and oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside.
- While the fennel is cooking, place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until almost tender. Stand for 5 minutes, covered. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the oil, pomegranate molasses, water, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the kale, basil, pomegranate, fennel and quinoa. Toss to combine. Divide between plates and top with extra basil to serve. Serves 4.
+ Find pomegranate molasses in specialty food stores and grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.