coconut salmon with coconut-lime dressing
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 6 x 150g salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- micro mint leaves and steamed rice (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C. Place a large oven tray in the oven for 5 minutes to heat. Place the coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce sugar and lime rind in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Brush the salmon skin and flesh with the sesame oil. Remove the hot tray from the oven and place the salmon on top, skin-side down. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon, top with the coconut and sprinkle with salt. Cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until the coconut is golden.
- Serve the salmon with lime wedges, mint, rice (if using) and the coconut-lime dressing. Serves 4–6
Delicious and simple
Cooked this tonight. This recipe is a keeper! My family loves it! Thanks Donna for sharing this recipe!
This recipe is bloody amazing. Have made it twice now and it just gets better. The cooking times and method is spot on and the flavours are delicious! Thank you!