potato, fennel and lemon thyme tart
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150 grams desiree (waxy) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb (70g), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to serve
- 2 tablespoons horseradish cream
- ¼ cup (20g) parmesan, finely grated
- 100g wild rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- olive oil, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (350ºF). Cut 4 strips measuring 2cm wide from the edges of the pastry sheet. Place the pastry sheet on a baking try lined with baking paper. Lay the cut strips around the edges of the pastry sheet to form a border and brush with egg.
- Place potato, fennel, thyme, garlic and olive oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Brush the pastry base with horseradish cream and layer the potato mixture on top. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 20-15 minutes or until golden. Top with rocket, chives and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.