pea, avocado and mint pesto pasta
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups (210g) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g orecchiette
- ¼ cup (40g) toasted pine nuts, chopped
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the mint, avocado, garlic, lime, oil, salt, pepper and 1 cup (140g) of the peas in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup (125ml) of the cooking water.
- Place the pasta, pesto, cooking water and remaining peas in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and top with the pine nuts, parmesan and lime wedges to serve. Serves 4
TIP: Mint can be substituted for another green leafy herb you have on hand.
There are no comments for this entry yet.