salmon gravlax pasta salad
with cucumber dressing
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g salmon gravlax, finely chopped
- 400g casarecce pasta+
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 baby cucumbers (cukes), quartered
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup (120g) crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the cucumber dressing, place the cucumber, crème fraîche, horseradish cream, salt and pepper in a jug. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Place pasta, cucumber dressing, cucumber, cukes and celery in a bowl and mix to combine. Place on a serving plate and top with salmon and mint to serve. Serves 4–6
+ This is a type of long pasta. If unavailable, you can use penne.
There are no comments for this entry yet.