baked mussels with tomato and capers
- 500g cherry tomatoes, crushed
- ¼ cup (45g) salted baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2kg mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the tomato, capers, oil, garlic and chilli on a large roasting tray.
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 20 minutes or until the tomato has softened slightly.
- Add the mussels, cover with foil and cook for a further 15–20 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Top with the basil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.