- 60g unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- 1½ cup (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 8 soft caramel candies, halved
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool. Add the flour to the butter mixture and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll tablespoonfuls into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Press to flatten and top each with half a caramel candy. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the trays. Makes 16.
These turned out great! They taste amazing!