cheat’s onion and chicken biriyani
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (200g) long-grain rice
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- ¼ cup (75g) korma curry paste
- ¼ cup (70g) store-bought caramelised onion
- 2 cups (320g) shredded barbecue chicken, warmed
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) and lime pickle, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the water, curry paste and onion, and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and top with the chicken and chilli. Serve with coriander and lime pickle. Serves 4.
Easy and delicious!
It’s another super time pressed dish, especially if you have cooked rice packets in the freezer. A frequent visitor to our table.
Loved this! Swapped out the BBQ Chicken for diced chicken thigh that I added with the rice. Will add peas at the end next time too.