mango rice pudding
with palm sugar and lemongrass syrup
- 1 cup (200g) arborio or risotto rice
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 mango cheeks, halved
palm sugar and lemongrass syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- ½ cup (60g) grated palm sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and bruised
- To make the lemongrass syrup, place the water, palm sugar and lemongrass in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until syrup has thickened. Remove lemongrass and set aside.
- Place the rice, water and vanilla in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed. Add the coconut milk and sugar and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for a further 5–8 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Top pudding with syrup and serve with mango halves. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.